Tuesday, November 18, 2008

go meat yourself


A friend has a fantasitc website called go meat yourself. Go see it. This is the most fun you will ever have regarding meat(and other food relations). You must see the skinned goats in the truck, I cannot bring myself to post the image as I can't really stand to look at it myself. She has post titles such as: Holy Mary Mother of Bread: Panzanella Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil and These Shrimps Were Made For Wokin: Shrimp Stirfry with Brown Rice and Me and My Baby, Porking in The Kitchen.

My daughter has been trying to be a full fledged vegetarian and it is making me a much better cook as I attempt new recipes using cheese and potatoes and different green vegetables (as the green veggies are not her favorite). Sunday, I made a lovely pizza using tortilla, caramelized onions, spinach and goat cheese for her. Last night I changed it around a little making a potaoto and cheddar tortilla. I want to try one with butternut squash, thinly sliced apples and some wonderful cheese but I haven't quite figured out which one yet. I think it is also now cold enough for cheese fondue. I love apples in cheese fondue. (I think I will make fried rice tonight).

No comments: