Thursday, November 3, 2011

don't lose today



Today I have been reading old posts of this blog. I am having a hard time believing I wrote any of those words.
In a birthday reflection in 2009 I posted this quote -

“If you dread tomorrow, it’s
because you don’t know how to build the present, and when you don’t know how to build the present, you tell yourself you can deal with it tomorrow, and it’s lost because tomorrow always ends up becoming today.”
The Elegance of the
Hedgehog p. 128

I have been living in the present moment as much as it is possible these days, simultaneously wishing I could just jump ahead to a future where healing has already taken place. So what am I doing reading posts I wrote in 2009? And to confuse you more, here is a picture of my wonderful family from 1970.

No comments: