Friday, July 24, 2009

new work

I am getting ready for my show and sale at Crocus Clay Works (Friday August 7). Sewing and felting like crazy, I am really enjoying needle felting images of birds. I feel it is still difficult for me to create a personal image  of a bird. They are so unique, each one of them, and I want to honor their individuality. We have a bird feeder and recently the mama birds have been feeding their young one's right in front of us. I have to try to make an image of that.For the red bag pictured above, I knit this awful red mohair I have knitting in intarsia the pink dots with a pink wool yarn and then fulled it in the wash. Then I embroidered the black outline around the pink and needle felted the black raven, crow, bird (?) The zipper is red and I attached two beads for the zipper pull. One is a hand made lamp worked glass bead and the other is felted wool. It has a cotton polka-dot fabric for the lining. It is for sale in my Second Seed in Stitches shop for $30.00.
This bag is made form a repurposed blue wool sweater that I purchased at the Salvation Army. I needle felted this little chickadee on a branch. I like the expression on his face. This bag has a lovely zipper pull that is two beads too. One bead is a messy brown, black and white hand made lamp worked glass bead and the other is a little brown pearl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the blue one!