Monday, December 7, 2009

More More Fire

Saturday and Sunday I assisted at the more Fire Holiday Open House. It is such an amazing community of artists and admirers. I watched Jen (above) work on these stunning glass birds (below) all day! In the pictures she is making a really large bird, about 11" in diameter. She has a whole flock of the little ones and they are only $75. They are so beautiful and full of character in the most subtle, abstract way. I really believe she will soon become a glass star and these little beauties will be out of most of our reach.
More Fire is open every day 11:00 - 6:00 until Christmas. There are still many beautiful ornaments ($20 each - buy 6 get one free) and jewelry. Don't forget - where ever you do your shopping - buy local and buy handmade if you can.
Jen made this precious baby bird in its blue nest a while ago, and I had been eyeing it at More Fire. My wonderful husband bought it for me for Christmas and it was supposed to be a surprise, but that didn't happen for reasons I won't go into here. I am so happy to have him and see him every moment as I am now working at home and around him all the time.

No comments: