Saturday, September 25, 2010

head over heals

I have never felt this way about my own work, but, yes, I am head over heals in love with the collages I have been making for the Record Archive exhibit.
I am only just completing the last of them and the show opens this Friday. I will deliver the work on Tuesday and hope to keep making a few pieces to bring in later in the week. The picture of the studio shows the work I am still attempting to accomplish in the two or three days I have left...
Hearts and Crafts at Java's is tomorrow and I work on Monday but I should be able to get into the studio and get moving. I have 15 painted canvases with collage as well as a number of pieces on paper and blocks (I posted images of those blocks earlier)... For those of you cannot be in Rochester to see this work, well, I feel badly for you. It really is a stupendous group of pieces and I am obviously very proud of myself although I truly feel that the work just needs me around to glue and cut...