Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Early Valentines Day

I worked on the cocoon this morning while watching Moonstruck. Nick Cage is one of my all time favorite men (especially when he was young and buff) - and he never looked better than in the bakery scene!

"I ain't no freakin' monument to justice!
I lost my Hand! I lost my Bride!
Johnny has his Hand! Johnny has his Bride!
You want me to take my heartache, put it away and forget?"

And then of course his emphatic declaration to Loretta...

"Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart.
It makes things a mess.
We aren't here to make things perfect.
The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us!
We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people."

No comments: