Friday, July 22, 2011

new(ish ) Kitchen

This week I had the desire to change up the kitchen...


OLD KITCHEN



New Kitchen

The new kitchen does not look very dramatic, but I was in need of some sophistication and calm. I had tried with all my might in the past to make at least part of this house feel mid-century modern, (i.e. the Saarien tulip table), but I have have come to realize it just simply will never be that stylish of a house. Since we love the old school house lights that we (Allen) put in, it seemed inevitable that the room would become more shabby than chic....
The wall is now a lovely, simple, rich, mocha and I found the crusty old window that is on the wall at House Parts for around $100. The iron pedestal table was purchased long ago at a yard sale and has had different tops through out the years for our changing needs.
It is the perfect size, we just have to re-surface the pink ...
and find some matching interesting old chairs...
and get hand crafted kitchen cabinets from Misha....

No comments: