Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Brownie, a pussy willow bloom and some thread


In the early Spring, I always cut down most of the pussy willow in the yard and bring in the long stems with the little bunny blossoms. I am planning to replant them in the back by the stream. They root just in water, so they are super easy to propagate. But they produce pollen like crazy indoors, so I have to stay on top of removing the blossoms as they become filled with the yellow irritating bits. I was not on my game this week and they are heavy in their production of pollen.

I am always enamored by spools of thread, and luckily lots of other people are too! I have a lot of success selling the vintage wooden spools on Etsy. I also enjoy photographing the spools, this group has imprinted text on the ends instead of paper labels. So I played around in photoshop with trying to get the text more graphic...


I purchased numerous Brownie cameras at a sale on Friday. I am very excited as these seem to be hard to find collectibles overseas. Obviously Rochester is over flowing with them.
I hope they sell!

No comments: