Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fabrics

I have been shopping for fabric for our bedroom curtains again. I like these four - can't get enough yardage at Purl Soho for any of them, but maybe some one else will have more...Still can't decide what I like. I am nervous that the honeycomb is too dark, and the others are a little too flowery for the room.
Later: I found the grey dandelion field by Amy Butler at Fabric Worm on Etsy for $8 a yd. It is my second favorite; I think it has a '60s feel to it and I believe the grey background makes it masculine enough for the man who shares this room. So I ordered it. (My favorite is the japanese orange dove pattern. Maybe I can make a pillow or two with that one). I hope the grey dandelion field turns out to be perfect - it is always risky ordering fabric online. But I have no choice as the local fabric stores have horrible selections. That would be a dream job- opening my own fabric store!Kokka Fabrics - Etsuko Furuya Echina "turquoise honeycomb" above and "orange dove" below.
Rowan Fabrics - Amy Butler's Daisy Chain "grey dandelion field" (above) and August Fields "moss fresh start"(Below)

1 comment:

joAnn said...

oooooooh...
pretty.

happy belated birthday!