Friday, June 5, 2009

new spinning

I was up until 11:30 one night spinning. I never stay up late to do anything, but I was in such a groove I just had to finish the entire batt. It came out just beautiful, soft and perfect in every way. I am only disappointed that I don't have more of it. I got about 110 yds. I can't wait to knit it up. I have so many knitting projects on needles right now, as well as a few planned for needles but not yet begun. (Check back for more on those projects soon.)So, with the idea of wanting a decent amount of yardage to actually create something from my own hand spun - I have attempted to incorporate three batts into one - deep teal, an off white and a light light blue. I think it will work. I actually have no idea what I am doing. Spinning is not all that much fun for me yet - but there is always something to learn, and I like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really spun up a storm - the blue is so lovely.