Saturday, September 12, 2009

rainy morning

We had a busy morning in some on going soft rain, first to the Public Market and then to Clothesline Arts Festival. I got these tiny fingerling potatoes and some beets at the market and at the Arts Festival I ordered an custom designed belt to go with a boring black shift dress that I need to wear to a wedding and a Bat Mitzvah this fall.  I love the way beets look and often keep them for ages before I decide to eat them and then they are inedible, so they went into a pot of boiling water for a spinach and beet salad for dinner tonight. I may try to draw them from the photo. This leaf was waiting for us in the driveway when we returned home.
The picture below is of water droplets on a spider web. The picture makes it look so weird, when really it is so beautiful.



No comments: