Wednesday, October 28, 2009

not someone else's life any more

Yeah, I feel I am definitely leading my own life now.
I realized that I have never worked this long in one one place - other than in my home, ever in my life. This would be my 5th year if I stayed. Today I am very depressed and sad about the ending of my employment. My last day is Friday November 6th. I sent my resignation e-mail and I haven't been going in much. But I actually went to work today - and I realized that I have friends in the building - and now they know that I am leaving, and they are being especially nice and supportive. Even people I didn't realize are friends are being really supportive.I want to blame the administration and leadership for not allowing me to be part of something, but really I wanted to remain anonymous there - I wanted to just do my job, get my paycheck and go home to be the actual person that I am. But some of me leaked out I guess.

So right now, and every day now, high up above or down below, I have to lead my own life.

2 comments:

belvedere beads said...

Let me be the first to welcome you to the land of the self-employed. It's really nice here - I think you will love it. There are long hours, but you can do lots of them in your pajamas. Oh, the best part is that all your hard work is yours to keep, no one else ever siphons it off and claims it as there own or makes money off it.

Sewing Junkie said...

I would rather be self employed that work as a number in a bigger organization.I worked in a hospital setting and the president of the hospital tried to remember names and he called me by the previous employee's name more times than not. Make your own name your own way and your own fame. Best of Luck Chris