Sunday, September 7, 2008

collage

Here are two collages I think are finished. I am having a difficult time accepting the vagueness of the images and the light colors. But I am trying really hard to allow different things to happen in my art work and appreciate them for what they are. I may put these two on Etsy today and see what happens.
And this is one of my daughter's pet rats. She is allergic to them and can't even hold them. So I take care of them and clean the cage and all. We had a long conversation last night about how much she loves them and if she gave them away it wouldn't be any differnt then them dying in her heart.

2 comments:

joAnn said...

these look great, nancy. i love the new color palette!
i am sorry i didn't make it out to see you at the market - i had to work until closing that night. i am so glad to hear you had a good day!

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

I love this post, for many reasons. How great you are to care for her rats and how sad that she loves them so much but can't hold them. Beautiful collages, I really like where they are and that you're willing to live with them and see where that takes you - something I need to try a bit more.