Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dreaming

A friend asked me a couple of weeks ago what my dream job would be. What I really dream of is getting a decent paycheck and benefits for painting, knitting, sewing and making jewelry all day. I would work really hard too. But since no one is this country is willing to pay the high price for beautiful objects and art, I will continue to show up at the job I have. Luckily I get a lot of time off and can still get to all my painting, knitting, sewing and jewelry projects. And, luckily while I am at work I can think about those projects and dream of painting and surf the web for inspiration.The latest of which is Camilla Engman. I admire the balance inthese paintings and the edges she gets to her awesome shapes. I am going to try to keep painting small pieces at the dining room table each day. I also really want to work on a large canvas in the basement that I started two years ago.

No comments: