Thursday, October 9, 2008

Elizabeth Lyons

Elizabeth Lyons, founder of More Fire Glass in Rochester is a wonderful artist and teacher. She gives a great deal of her energy to offering high school students opportunities to work in glass and she makes the most beautiful objects I have ever seen. I was paging through the November issue of Metropolitan Home Magazine last night, sitting on the couch by the fire, and I see this gorgeous green vessle and I think to myself that that looks alot like Elizabeth's work and I read on to find out that it is Elizabeth's work! I was lucky enough to get one of her magnolia tea light holders a the sale at More Fire on October 3rd along with alot of beautiful beads. I am hoping to put a few pieces together this weekend. I just love the tealight. My Mom got a bunch of Elizabeth's bird vases at one of last year's sales that I also love and hope to acquire from her.

No comments: