Tuesday, October 21, 2008

knitting




I have joined the Rochester Knitting Guild. The Guild meets every second Monday. It is very inspiring to see all the beautiful projects that other members are creating. They also have a pattern and book library and I was able to borrow a book that allowed me to finish a sweater that has been awaiting finishing for a number of years. I will hopefully wear it tomorrow and get a picture of it. I washed and blocked it on Sunday but it was still not dry as of last night. I have another sweater begun that I really love and I should be working on that, but I really desire to make a capelet for those cold nights when I don't want to have to change into a turtlneck. Obviously, I always keep making fingerless gloves, but I like to have a larger personal project on the side for when I need, no want, to do something for myself. I cannot decide on the colors though...I love greys and greens, but I am feeling like a warm amber and raspberry would help brighton a cold day.

No comments: