Thursday, December 18, 2008

I did it!

I did make the Orangettes (Candied Orange Rinds) last night. They are not only very pretty candies, they are delish too. They have this unusual spicy/anise flavor even though you add nothing to the orange rind but sugar. They are a "grown up" candy for certain. Although they are very time consuming to make it is a very simple recipe. I began around 5:00 pm and completely finished them around 9:00. The peeling of the orange rind is the most time consuming part. I was able to complete many other chores while the rind was boiling away at different stages. I reccomend trying the recipe. I'll post pictures tonight hopefully.
Later... Here are the pictures I promised.

1 comment:

belvedere beads said...

years ago jackie brought me some spendid candied grapefruit rinds from a fancy place in nyc. they were one of the most delicious things i have ever eaten. who knew that one could actually make them? i am so impressed and intrigued. i bought some lovely grapefruits at the market this morning and will attempt a batch this weekend.