Tuesday, January 6, 2009

wishes


I wish I was home spinning beautiful yellow and peach merino. I wish I was home baking cupcakes so I could use up the left over icing in the fridge. I wish I was home laying in my cozy warm bed watching As Good as it Gets. I wish I was knitting that lavender baby sweater, I wish was painting soft greens and rich blacks, making lines with a drywall screw in mushy acrylic paint and cutting and pasting random pieces of collage.
I wish I was in my husband's arms.
I wish it was summer.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride
If turnips were swords, I'd wear one by my side
If wishes were fishes we all have some fried
If ifs and ands were pots and pans,
there'd be no need for tinkers' hands

But just wishing that something was true, doesn't make it so.

At least the sun was rising in a beautiful blue sky as I parked my car (which also means it was not snowing today). I will be home in six hours. All good things.

No comments: